You are stuck in a tight spot and it seems impossible for you to get that screw on the surface? Here is where you use a right angle screwdriver. You might be asking yourself what is the best right angle screwdriver? Let me answer it in a very precise definition:
A right angle screwdriver is for driving screws in the surface with the help of a handle that is parallel (90-degree angle) to the surface where the screw is fastened. It is designed to get into the areas with 1 inch or less of clearance.
The traditional screwdriver has a handle that is parallel to the head of the screw. Sometimes there are surfaces where the space is insufficient and the traditional screwdriver cannot be used. In such a case you can use a right angle screwdriver which will require less clearance above the surface.
- 1 Top 5 Best Right Angle Screwdrivers
- 1.1 1. Mulwark 90 Degree Screwdriver Right Angle
- 1.2 2. Neiko 03044A Ratcheting Screwdriver
- 1.3 3. Anex Ultra 90 Degree Screwdriver
- 1.4 4. Right Angle Close Quarter Ratcheting Screwdriver Reversible
- 1.5 5. I-Mart right angle screwdriver:
- 2 How To Use A Right-Angle Screwdriver?
Top 5 Best Right Angle Screwdrivers
I am going to represent to you the list of right angle screwdrivers that is handpicked by us after going through every feature that you will love.
1. Mulwark 90 Degree Screwdriver Right Angle
- ▲ COMPACT SIZE: The 4" long 3/8" thick driver handle is small...
- ▲ DELICATE MECHANISM: This multi tip right angled combination...
- ▲ COMPATIBLE FOR VARIOUS USAGE: The lightweight magnetic bit...
- ▲ 19pc POPULAR-SIZE BITS: Made of heavy duty CRV6150 (chrome...
- ▲ LIFETIME WARRANTY: All MulWark tools are warranted to be free...
- Torx T15, T20, T25
- Hex 6, 5, 4, 3
- Pozidriv #2
- Philips #3, #1
- Flat 7, 4.5
- Square #2
If you are looking for a right-angle screwdriver made up of Chrome vanadium Steel with different head styles, then Mulwark is in the demand. It comes with 6 different head styles. The length of the screwdriver is 3/8″ and this makes it perfect for tight spots. You will experience a smooth ratcheting screwdriver that is going to help you in fastening and unfastening, will provide you sufficient torque, and you can easily go in the U-shaped spaces.
It comes with a lightweight magnetic bit adaptor which makes it compatible for various uses for example in boats, cars, machines, planes, Etc. You will get this tremendous right angle screwdriver with a lifetime warranty.
2. Neiko 03044A Ratcheting Screwdriver
- TIGHT REACH RATCHET: Unique mini-size low profile ratchet driver...
- REVERSIBLE BIT DRIVER: Quick reverse thumb lever and a 16-teeth...
- BIT RATCHET: All bits are constructed of chrome vanadium steel...
- RIGHT ANGLE SCREWDRIVER: This multi screwdriver has a magnetic...
- MINI RATCHET SET INCLUDES: Ratchet screwdriver set comes with (7)...
- Slotted 4.5, 7
- Phillips #1, #2, #3
- Torx T15, T20
What if you get a pocket right angle screwdriver that is easy to carry around? Yes, Neiko provides you a perfect small handle, easy to carry, 90 degree screwdriver. The screwdriver is made up of strong material Chrome vanadium Steel with three types of head styles. You will experience very delicate and smooth operations of fastening and unfastening.
This right angle screwdriver comes with a magnetic bit adaptor that helps in a higher level of torque application and holds your bit tight at the spot. It will be a perfect addition to your tool set.
3. Anex Ultra 90 Degree Screwdriver
- [ HIGH GRADE HEAVY DUTY RIGHT ANGLE SCREWDRIVER ] Stubby low...
- [ MINI SLIM POCKET SIZE KIT EASY TO CARRY ] Portable small size....
- [ HIGH QUALITY TOUGH STRONG & DURABLE BITS ] The material is high...
- [ AUTHENTIC JAPANESE QUALITY TOOL ] Made in Japan. ANEX official...
- [ PRODUCT INFORMATION ] Total length: 4.25" / Thickness: 0.40" /...
- Flat 4.5
- Phillips #1, #2
If you are looking for a right angle screwdriver made up of molybdenum vanadium Steel then why look for any other? Anex is a right angle screwdriver that is perfect for close quarters and tight workspaces. It comes with two types of head styles perfect for a high level of torque application.
The material used in the making of this right angle screwdriver is chrome molybdenum vanadium steel which is one of the strongest and long-lasting materials, made in Japan. You will experience great wear resistance, excellent toughness, and portability. It is not only useful in home tasks but you can also use it in your professional life.
4. Right Angle Close Quarter Ratcheting Screwdriver Reversible
- Right angle ratcheting screwdriver — perfect for working in...
- Includes 18 low profile vanadium steel bits for versatility —...
- Reversible — use the switch on the handle to select between...
- Comfortable rubber grip handle with non-slip drive head for...
- Rapid screw tightening is possible by simply using your finger...
- Torx T10, T15, T20
- Hex 3, 4, 5 , 6
- Pozidriv PZ1, PZ2
- Phillips #1, #2, #3, #4
- Flat 3, 4, 5, 6
Sometimes we get stuck in very tight workspaces and we don’t find the right screwdriver that perfectly fits in. Right at that moment, we need a right-angle screwdriver that is not only comfortable in the grip but also is lightweight, and made up of black oxide. Yes, this screwdriver has a comfortable rubber grip accompanied by a non-slip drive head so that you can easily operate it with your two hands with extra stability.
It has 5 different head styles. The screwdriver comes with a switch which helps you in selecting between loosening directions and tightening. Rapid screw tightening is now possible with this right angle screwdriver.
5. I-Mart right angle screwdriver:
- Package comes with 3 pcs.
- 90 degree screwdriver.
- Right angle phillips screw driver.
- Screw driver for tight spaces.
- Small ratchet tool.
- Flat 3, 4, 5
- Phillips #1, #2, #3
We all know the simpler the better and this right-angle screwdriver is the perfect example for the above statement. We all while performing a task go through a tight space where our traditional screwdrivers do not work as we require. Here these right angles screwdrivers take the stand. The screwdriver is made up of stainless steel which is not only durable but also long-lasting.
The screwdriver comes in two types of head styles and is very portable to use. They are lightweight and you can carry them anywhere. The benefit of Stainless steel is that you will not find the screwdrivers getting rusty over time and it will be convenient for you to use them often.
How To Use A Right-Angle Screwdriver?
Inspect the surface
The very first thing is to inspect the surface and check out the space we have got for fastening the screw. If the space on the surface is less than 1 inch then we have to use a right angle screwdriver.
Placing the screw
The next step is to place the screw on the hole that was already drilled or you have drilled it by yourself. You need to make sure that the pointed tip of the screw is straight inside the hole. Screw must be straight otherwise you may face difficulties while fastening the screw.
Choosing the right angle screwdriver
Once you have the screw on the spot you need to choose the right angle screwdriver for the screw. This can be done by matching the bit size of the screw tip with the screwdriver.
Fastening the screw
Place the screwdriver bit on the tip of the screw and hold the screw with your two fingers. Slowly start moving the right angle screwdriver at 180 degrees (semi circular movement) from left to right and you will notice that the screw is fastened inside the hole. Keep repeating this 180 degrees movement again and again until the screw completely fits into the hole.
Sometimes it becomes very inconvenient to fasten a screw at a certain surface. At this point, the right angle screwdriver is going to defeat the traditional screwdriver. This 90 degree screwdriver is very handy and deserves a place in your toolbox.