With the passage of time, people for their convenience are switching from big tools to handy tools. In this scenario, pocket screwdrivers have remarkably made their way into the market. When it comes to tools screwdrivers are the topmost priority in the toolboxes. But what if you get yourself a screwdriver that is portable and you can carry it anywhere you want? Yes, these mechanic pocket screwdrivers are your need.
In this article you will find a list of top screwdrivers, for example, 2-in-1 pocket screwdriver in the market, buying guide for a pocket screwdriver, reasons to have a pocket screwdriver, and national safety council tips for taking care of these pocket screwdriver kits.
Many people do not consider screwdrivers as a crucial part of the set of tools buy the reality is that there are hundreds of tasks that you can easily conduct with the help of screwdrivers. You can always have a screwdriver nearby that is going to help you in saving lots of time and energy.
Top 10 Best Pocket Screwdrivers
After analyzing the complete market, we have come across the top 10 pocket screwdrivers that are perfectly going to help you in your purpose.
Here are the top features that are going to help you in choosing your perfect handy pocket screwdriver.
1. Klein Tools 32614 Multi-bit 4 in 1 Precision Screwdriver
- Electronics screwdriver with concealable tips and a pocket clip...
- Four different tips in one tool, includes #0 and #00 Phillips...
- Rotating cap for optimum and precise control
- Versatile interchangeable barrel has both a short and long side
- Cushion-Grip handle for maximum comfort when working on small...
When it comes to convenient pocket storage this 4 in 1 electronic screwdriver with a concealable tip is the best answer. Klein is an American company manufacturing tools since 1857. They are well known for their highest quality materials their superior workmanship.
- For a precise and optimum control, a rotating cap is available
- Interchangeable barrel with long and short side
- For the comfort of handling the small equipments, cushion grip handle is added
- For greater strength heat-treated precision Steel bits
- Corrosion-resistant aluminium plated barrel
- Multi Bit
- 4 in 1 electronic screwdriver
- Cushioned grip
- The design might not be comfortable for few
2. Maxcraft 60609 7 in 1 Precision Pocket Screwdriver
- Rugged aluminum pen-style housing with pocket clip and knurled...
- Quick-change magnetic bit holder
- Convenient bit storage in handle
Maxcraft 7 in 1 precision magnetic screwdriver is perfect for homeowners and the DIYers. The screwdrivers are very helpful in-home improvement projects, electronic repair, and assemblies. These screwdrivers are professional enough for living up to the demands of professionals and contractors.
- The screwdriver is pen style rugged aluminium
- It comes along with knurled finger grip and pocket clip
- Magnetic bit holder that can be quickly changed
- Comes with convenient bits storage
- Multi bits
- Aluminium rugged
- Bits might get stuck
3. Mulwark 11 pc 1/4 Mini Ratchet Wrench Close Pocket Screwdriver
- ▲ COMPACT SIZE: The 4" long 3/8" thick driver handle is small...
- ▲ DELICATE MECHANISM: This multi tip right angled combination...
- ▲ COMPATIBLE FOR VARIOUS USAGE: The lightweight magnetic bit...
- ▲ EXTRA 10 POPULAR-SIZE BITS: Made of heavy duty CRV6150...
- ▲ LIFETIME WARRANTY: All MulWark tools are warranted to be free...
It is one of the most convenient and handy and best ratcheting pocket screwdrivers. The set comes along with ultra-compact size, a convenient ratcheting mechanism, and a direction selection switch. This poker screwdriver is designed for easy and quick assembly, repair, and Disassembly.
- For strength and durability, solid construction handle and high alloy Steel are used
- Full 360 degrees of rotation
- Rapid screw tightening with the help of thumb and finger
- Magnetic screwdrivers power for holding bits
- Miniature size for repairing laptop, PC, vehicle, etc
- Powered up with 16 teeth reversible ratchet system
- Lightweight magnetic bit adaptor
- 10 popular sizes of bits
- Screwdriver with magnet
- Delicate mechanism
- Various usage
- Lifetime warranty
- Compact size
- Miniature design
- Might face issue with reversible ratchet
4. Bostitch Office Stanley 4 in 1 Pocket Screwdriver
- The convenience of a set of precision drivers in a one-pocket...
- Ideal for Toy assembly, battery compartments, eyeglasses,...
- Magnetic bits attract and hold small screws
- Soft and comfortable bi-material grip
- Includes (2) screwdrivers
If you are looking for convenience then this set of Precision screwdriver is one of the best small pocket screwdrivers. This Pocket screwdriver comes with 2 double-ended bits.
- It is a one Pocket tool
- Best for battery compartments, toy assembly, eyeglasses, cell phones, and electronics
- Can hold small screws with the help of magnetic bits
- Comes along with a Bi-material grip made comfortable and soft
- Non-slippery texture
- Pocket size
- Comfortable grip
- Not made for large tasks
- Plastic material used
5. Klien Tools 32535 10 in 1 Pocket Screwdriver Kit
- Folding pocket-style 10-in-1 tool with interchangeable bits - 8...
- Unfolds and locks at a 180-degree angle to provide a straight...
- Blast finish steel bits provide a firm hold to the fastener to...
- Contains 5/16-Inch and 1/4-Inch nut drivers, #1 and #2 Phillips,...
It is a 180-degree folding pocket screwdriver plus nut driver. It comes along with interchangeable bits. Klien is a global company and well-known manufacturers of high-quality products.
- For reducing cam-out blast finish steel bits are provided
- Comes with a variety of shaft length, hex sizes, tip types, and handle sizes
- Designed according to the ease of consumer
- It is a screwdriver plus nut driver that is why one tool is enough for many tasks
- Can be used for medium and light work appliances and tasks
- Best screwdrivers for mechanics
- Approved by aircraft mechanics
- Good for light works
- Firm grip
- Not suitable for heavy or large tasks
6. Klein tools 32500 Multi-bit Screwdriver and Nut Driver
- Multi-bit screwdriver / nut driver shaft holds 8 popular tips and...
- Includes industrial strength heat treated bits: 3/8-Inch,...
- Interchangeable blade for fast and easy switch out; comfortable...
- Blast finish bit tips provide a firm hold and reduce cam-out
- The following replacement bits are available: see Cat. No. 32482...
Klein is an American company that manufactures hand tools for more than 160 years now. Tools made by the brand are one of the most professional tools around the globe. They are well known for their durability, Precision, and performance.
- The multi bit screwdriver + nut driver has 8 popular tips and can convert into three nut driver sizes
- The handle has a comfortable cushion grip
- For easy and fast switch out interchangeable blade is added
- For reducing cam-out and providing firm hold, blast finish bit tips are provided
- Good value
- Standard size
- High-quality material
- Comfortable grip
- Cushioned handle
- Might have issues with tips and shafts
7. Edgeworks Screwdriver Pocket Multi-tool
This unique pen-like pocket screwdriver looks like a normal pen and also writes like a pen, but actually, it is a multi-tool. It is not only a pen it is a stylus for your phone, it can be your ruler, and it is a screwdriver and a bubble level too.
- Best pen screwdriver
- 4 in 1
- Sturdy aluminium structure
- Best for home and DIY
- Comes with an air pocket level
- Very handy and efficient for newbies
- Alterable screwdriver tips
- Good for geometrical arts
- No rubber decay
- Not suitable for less than 8 years
8. Stanley screwdriver 4 in 1 Pocket Tool
- The convenience of a set of precision screwdrivers in one small...
- Two double-ended bits; sizes 5/32", 1/8", 0PT, 1PT.
- Ideal for toy assembly, battery compartments, eye glasses,...
- Magnetic bits have non-slip textured surface so they attract and...
- Soft, comfortable, bi-material grip.
Stanley is a well-known brand when it comes to manufacturing useful tools. This 4 in 1 fibre comes with 4 drivers that can easily fit in your pocket.
- It is a 2 ended bits screwdriver
- Magnetic bits for holding and attracting screwdriver smallest size
- Soft bi-material grip
- For increased torque and Secure grip non slip textured surface is provided
- Ideal for electronics, eyeglasses, battery compartments, and toy assembly
- Tips don’t crack, peel or slip
- Multi-bit screwdriver
- Comfortable grip
- Usable for small tasks
9. Swatom 8 in 1 Mini Pocket Screwdriver Set
- Complete self-contained tool - all bits store inside handle;...
- 8 screwdriver head kits with...
- Professional portable hardware tools,lightweight,compact design
- Precision screwdriver set is a handy tool for small or large...
- Convenient after-sales service: Please contact if you have any...
A very useful Mini Pocket screwdriver set that looks like a pen and easy to carry you can also name it is as a shirt pocket screwdriver. It is a very portable, lightweight, and compact design. This best mechanic screwdriver set can be a great gift for professionals.
- A multi bit screwdriver that comes along with 8 conventional screwdriver heads
- Has smallest Phillips’s screwdriver sizes
- The length is 4.25 inches that makes it convenient and very comfortable to use
- Can be easily placed in bags, pockets, and other places
- Pocket screwdriver with clip to be caught in a shirt
- Handy for small or large projects
- Compact design makes the screwdriver professional
- Comfortable length
- Easy to use for females
- Good grip
- 8 in 1
- The tip might get stuck
10. Neiko 03044A Mini Ratcheting Offset Screwdriver
- TIGHT REACH RATCHET: Unique mini-size low profile ratchet driver...
- REVERSIBLE BIT DRIVER: Quick reverse thumb lever and a 16-teeth...
- BIT RATCHET: All bits are constructed of chrome vanadium steel...
- RIGHT ANGLE SCREWDRIVER: This multi screwdriver has a magnetic...
- MINI RATCHET SET INCLUDES: Ratchet screwdriver set comes with (7)...
It is one of the best pocket screwdrivers that you will love to have. It comes with a mini size 3/8 inch thick and the handle is 4 inches long. Bits are added for simple and quick repairs. It is ideal for handling products assembling, jewellery, and small electronics.
- For smooth fastening and unfastening tasks 16 teeth stretching system is provided
- For extra strong hardness. Chrome vanadium Steel machine tip are constructed that reduces round off as well
- For a higher level of torque and holding the bits securely, magnetic bit adaptors are added
- The compact size helps in reaching narrow and tight spaces
- A small simple reverse button is added which is can convert the clockwise rotation to counterpoise
- Great for tight spaces
- Decent for money
- High quality
- Good grip
- Long handle
- Not strong enough for large tasks
Buying Guide for Pocket Screwdrivers
Now you have seen our list of top 10 Pocket screwdrivers. Now it is time that we include the buyer guide that will help you in purchasing the right pocket screwdriver. Here is the list of some important factors that must be kept in mind while you pick the good quality and right pocket screwdriver.
Always remember you should never compromise price tag over quality when you are choosing the repairing tools. Choosing cheap tools will only give you trouble, is a wastage of money in the long run, and you will have to replace the tools frequently. That is why I always choose the best pocket screwdriver no matter what the cost is. You can consider it as a long-lasting investment.
Also check out our best JIS screwdrivers set for more products like this one.
The Grips of the pocket screwdrivers focus on the length of the handle as compared to all types of screwdrivers. The handles of the other screwdrivers are preferred to be comfortable whereas the handles of the pocket screwdrivers are designed to fit into small areas.
We can say that screwdrivers most likely have to fix small appliances having small gaps and for that the handle has to be short and compact. If you are getting a comfortable and anti-skid grip handles then it can always be a big plus.
When it comes to portability the bit storage also increases the value of the tool. With the built-in storage compartment, there are chances that you will not lose your screws anywhere.
There are types of which storage that come along with magnetic bit holders and they make sure that the bits are at their place. You can also go for the storage that is visible so that you can always check on the bits whenever you like.
No matter what application is undertaken, it is necessary to choose the screwdriver bit that can perfectly fit the application. Here are 3 types of bits that are normally used:
You will find Philip bits similar to the cross bits. But these bits are developed for lessening cam-out, for avoiding damages and slippery, and for fastening. These bits are generally used in constructional work and joinery.
They are named because of their look. They give a nice and general appearance for the appliances they are used in. That is why you will mostly find these bits in furniture or wooden cabinets.
When it comes to wear resistance these bits are one of the best and strongest. These bits are used in applications and maintenance works, for example, cars and appliances in the house. Dev can be used in constructional works as well.
If the package includes different heads then the screwdriver becomes more versatile. By having different heads you can easily take care of different repairing and application jobs without having the hassle of carrying individual tools.
You won’t need different tools just for adjusting the screwdriver heads. What you need is a screwdriver with interchangeable heads and bits, and you are all ready to go.
We all know while choosing the pocket-sized screwdriver we will always notice the weight of the tool first. But it is very important to note that you cannot give up on the strength of the tool while you are looking for a portable tool. Nowadays you will find many pocket screwdrivers that are made up of very light materials such as aluminium that is not only lightweight but sturdy as well. Thus, it is assured that a lightweight tool can help you in managing heavy-duty jobs.
Reason for Buying a Pocket Screwdriver
In our home offices or workplaces, we will find that there are many things that need repairing, renovation, and assembling. And for doing these tasks we need a screwdriver for sure. There are many reasons you make come across when you buy a pocket screwdriver. Here is a list of few facts that will motivate you in buying this tool.
- Pocket screwdrivers are very helpful for appliances that you use in the home. You can always check and repair any malfunction if you come across your home appliance.
- Many projects of renovation or repairing require a huge number of tools and pocket screwdriver is one of the Essentials.
- If you have children around then many toys need to repair and assemble, thus you will always need a pocket screwdriver for fixing a malfunctioned toy.
- Many creative artists need pocket screwdriver while creating their genius work.
- Professionals like locksmiths, carpenters, and numbers always need screwdrivers. They always require screwdrivers with a variety of heads and bits.
- Hardware and software experts need pocket screwdrivers for fast work. They are always busy repairing and upgrading their systems, that is why they always need a screwdriver in hand.
- Computers and laptops have tiny screws inside that are why maintenance man or technologist always needs to carry a screwdriver for their duty.
- Pocket screwdrivers are one of the most essential tools for electricians because they always go through diverse tasks of adjustment, repairing, and processing.
Read More: Best Snap Ring Pliers With Buying Guide
National Safety Council Tips for Safety of Pocket Screwdriver:
Always remember your tools are your helping hands to take care of them. According to National safety Council has a purpose but screwdriver is a tool that is the most abused and misused in the workplace. Misuse of a tool can lead to issues such as you can break the handle or can bend the shaft or if you are not using the tool correctly it can give you a hand injury. For preventing any kind of injury and screwdrivers the Council has provided a list of recommendations:
- Never use a screwdriver unless it is insulated properly while you are doing electrical work.
- Always carry your screwdrivers in work belts or toolboxes and not in the pocket.
- For screws, a pilot hole can be made of sheet of metal or wood.
- Always lay the piece on a workbench or someplace, you are working on. Never hold the working piece in your hands.
- For solid grip always keep the handle of the screwdriver intact and clean.
- For a solid grip on the screw, always keep the tip of the screwdriver sharp and clean.
- Never use a screwdriver as a pinch bar, wedge, or punch.
Other Helpful Tips:
- Don’t attempt unless bits are properly matched with the slots. This can lead to injury.
- Don’t grind the pocket screwdrivers.
- You can use Sandpaper or leather for brushing the bits but excess use of Sandpaper can cause alteration or teeth break.
- You can replace the teeth of the screwdriver if it gets malfunctioned or rusty.
- For a better glaze, you can use polishing oil with the help of a piece of cloth or some cotton.
- Clean your tools with a soft cotton towel and don’t use glycerine or water.
What are the main parts of a screwdriver?
The screwdriver has three main components handle, shank, and head. The handle is the widest part, designed in cylindrical form for a better grip in the hand. Shank is thinner and long; this part is used to insert screws. And the head is on the end of the Shank. It is a part that is inserted in the screw head for tightening or losing the screw.
What types of pocket screwdrivers are commonly used?
Different types of pocket screwdriver that are commonly used such as,
Hecks key screwdriver
How to prevent screwdriver from bending or breaking?
There are many ways from preventing damage to your screwdriver. You should not use your screwdriver as a pry, pinch bar, wedge, or punch. You should always keep the tip of the screwdriver sharp and clean because an unclean tip can lead to a slip that can bend your screwdriver.
What are the safety precautions that should be kept in mind while using a screwdriver?
You can always wear face Shield and safety glasses safety hazards that you should always use. You should keep the screwdriver handle clean because a greasy handle can cause damage or injury in the result of an unexpected slippage. Never hold the piece you are working on in your hand. Always place the piece on a working bench.
Name the best pocket screwdriver?
There are many perfect pocket screwdrivers in the market but the companies like Klein, Bostitch, and Stanley and, Edgeworks is well known for manufacturing handy tools. The pocket Screwdrivers by these brands are highly recommended.
With so many items in the market, it is very confusing for the consumers to select the product. This article provides you top screwdrivers that are going to help you in choosing your handy tool. As well as the buying guide can help you a like cherry on the top for choosing the right one right now.
Leave a Reply